Here's another article about how to export OneNote notebook through the Gem Menu for MAC OneNote. Mac: Export a OneNote Notebook to Local Disk
And this article is about importing a local OneNote notebook.
On the top menu bar of the Mac desktop, click Gem Menu for Mac OneNote -> "Gem" menu -> "Export Import" sub-menu -> "Import Notebook" menu item.
In the "Import Saved Notebook" page, Click "Import" button.
- OneNote local notebook, saved in local disk, it cannot sync thought OneDrive.com.
- OneNote local notebook, saved as a Windows folder.
- OneNote local notebook, which has a. onetoc2 file under its folder.
- OneNote local notebook, the .one files are sections.
- OneNote local notebook, the subfolders under it are section groups.
- Local notebook can be opened by Windows Office OneNote 2010, 2013, 2016.